January 14, 2010
Tripp,
Already my love for you is more intense than I thought possible. And yet I know almost as little about you as you know about me. I have no idea what color your eyes will be, although now they are a beautiful blue like your fathers. I don’t know when you will speak your first word. I don’t know when you will learn to crawl or walk. I don’t even know who you will resemble the most me or your father. I do know that you are my son and that my love for you grows deeper and deeper everyday. Your smile melts my heart and you cry saddens me. I have such high hopes for you and most importantly God has a very special plan for you. You have made your appearance at a time that has broken every record for evil and cruelty. It’s a time of war and catastrophe. And we can only ask why? I wish I could tell you but I can’t. The world can be a dangerous and hateful place and I pray you will be safe. Innocent as you are, no one is born naturally a good person. It takes training and believing in something so much bigger than us, God. You will be raised in a Christian environment, I pray you will grow to be kind, honest, and moral. You will have character and integrity. You will not treat others as you would wish not to be treated.(Love thy neighbor as thyself” -Leviticus 19:18) You will know the meaning or right and wrong and will be able to choose between them. You will find than nothing in this life requires more strength than self discipline. Oh Tripp, the odds will be against you to be a failure, but you will be strong. “With God, all things are possible” and “you can do all things thru Christ who strengthens you.” - Phillipians 4:13 You have your whole life ahead of you and like any parent I wish you health, success, happiness and fortune. But most importantly I want you to be a Godly man. I pray for salvation. I pray for your spouse. I pray that you love her and treat her with respect. You will never lay your hands on her to hurt her. I pray that you be the leader of your family as you are the head of the house. Tripp, you are so special to me and your father. We love you very much and always remember that God is most important in your life.
All my love,
Momma
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment