Monday, November 2, 2009
Labor and Delivery
Well the details of labor and delivery I have been waiting to tell. It all started Halloween (Saturday October 31, 2009) night, I was sanding a stool and I started having back labor. I had it all night but luckily was able to get a good nights sleep despite the pain. Sunday morning, I woke up having "minor" contractions. They weren't too unbearable but the back pains were awful. So we started timing the contractions and they were about 5 minutes apart. I pulled out my binder that I was keeping all my pregnancy stuff in and one of the three reasons to go to hospital was contractions 5 minutes apart. So I took a shower, got dressed, and packed my bag. (I waited to pack my bag until the last miunte bc I thought as soon as I packed it I would go into labor) I really had to talk myself into going to hospital bc I didn't want to be "that girl" they send home twenty times. But we went. They hooked me up to a monitor and Tripps vitals were fine and the contractions that made me think I was dying were "minor". NO labor and I was only dialated 1 cm. They kept me for a couple of hours and nothing seemed to progress. (Oh and if you do go to hospital, they wont let you eat anything but ice chips, NOTE: I was really hungry) In the meantime, I was in the receiving rooms being watched and I hear this other couple come in and they were put in the room directly across from me. I sat and listened to them and I immediately say "Laura, is that you?" she said "yes" It was my Cialis partner from work. She is almost 30 weeks pregnant and was coming in. So we chit chatted for a while until the Doc came in to see me and said that I could go home, He said I could be 5 hours or several days but no need in me staying; I was not in labor. I was a little embarrassed being sent home but better safe than sorry. So we stopped by Little Caesars and picked up 2 pizzas, cheesesticks, buffalo wings and a 2 liter Diet Pepsi. Yeah it was only me and Dennis eating. But If i were to go back to that place, I wasn't going empty stomached like I said Ice Chips was all I was getting. We were in for an afternoon of Brett Farve football, Pizza and Contractions. My parents came that afternoon and my mom pampered me and kept me company. We walked the neighborhood all afternoon. The contractions were still every 3 to 5 minutes lasting 45 sec to a minute each ALL AFTERNOON LONG. About 10 PM my back was killing me and the contractions worsened making me nauseated. I had a doctors appointment the next day with Dr. Young so I had talked myself out of going back to the hospital and was just going to go see my doc at 8 am. By midnight the only thing to keep me confortable was sitting on the toilet and sitting in a warm bath. So I was back and forth from the toilet (I DID NOT HAVE TO GO TO BATHROOM) to the tub. Since I was having such "minor contractions" I figured these weren't anything to complain about either. Finally at 12:30 AM I was getting out of the tub and my water broke. I yelled at Dennis to come in there and I told him my water broke, I grab a robe, undies, and socks and I was out the door. (i didnt get my cell phone, clothes or shoes) I did get the keys and was sitting in the car honking the horn. You know where my sweet hubby was?? in the shower!! oh yes, I guess this was no different than any other time bc he doesnt go anywhere without a shower. He had hopped in the shower. It was the longest wait in the car. I am sure it was only about 5 minutes but it felt like forever. We got to the hospital at 12:44 AM Dennis went to get a wheel chair bc I didnt know if i could walk. but he was taking too long so here I go bent over holding my robe closed. The security guard meets me with a wheelchair only to get yelled at by me telling him to "GET ME AN EPIDURAL." He wheels me over to addmissions, I am yelling at this point, the contractions were so severe. I tell them (probably not very nicely) that I was there this morning my name is BUSE ASHLEY. They wheel me to the back where I had to change from my robe into their gown and this nurse comes and says she is gonna check me, she was in no hurry. I told her she better get me an epidural too. She told me that I was too late and I was about to have this baby. I straightened up real quick and told her that I could control the pain to "get me an epidural, I HAD TO HAVE AN EPIDURAL". I am sure she was laughing. So here comes a crowd of people they are rushing me to a delivery room. I had to get out of that bed onto the delivery table. (I got into delvery room at 12:48 AM.) There were people everywhere. I looked up and asked "DO all the people really have to be in here?" They laughed and said yes. I did get an IV in the middle of pushing, they didnt have time to hook up any monitors. They measured my contractions by a lady placing her hand on my stomach and she would say ok here it comes, PUSH. The doctor barely made it into the room to deliver Tripp. The nurse said he probably wouldn't make it that she was ready. So much for not going back to hospital. I was so sad that my doc didnt get to deliver Tripp but I really loved the on-call doctor as well. Dennis did great although he did get a little pale. The nurse had to sit him down next to the bed and get him some water! But it all happened so fast. 30 minutes later I was up walking around and was able to take a shower several hours later. the 3 things I DID NOT want: 1. c-section 2. to be induced 3. epidural (this was before I knew what contractions were) I got what I wanted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment